Many people has asked me about what to pack when you travel around Asia. There are certain things that I cannot leave behind whenever I travel (and some that I totally do!), here is the list:
- Sunblock (SPF 30 at least!), water proof preferable because you might go to the beaches and well South-East Asia is really hot and humid so you will be sweating a lot!
- Lip balm, cause you have to!
- Wet wipes and travel napkins.
- Mosquito repelent…it could be hard at night sometimes.
- Light make up, cause if you are like me you still want to put on some mascara or a lip shine to look nice at the pictures. BUT, don’t put too much. Again, it’s hot and humid…the sweat, and then your pores will be closed…and so on and so on..
- Clothing: keep it light, fresh, and comfy… and don’t bring too much clothing! Moreover, in the night markets you can buy many cheap and cute clothes.
- Jeans should not be included in your bag, and should totally leave them behind. I can promise that the last thing you would like to wear are jeans!
- Flashlight, because for the sunrises you would have to drive/walk in the dark, so it’s better to be prepared.
- Unlocked/Unblocked phones, so you can put in any sim card from any country. I have 10+ sim cards for every time I have travelled.
- Earplugs, sometimes too noisy to sleep in the airplane, bus, train, tuk-tuk, taxi!
- External battery, this is my best friend specially in long trips and you want to listen to music, watch videos, watch photos that you have taken during your trip, and check social media.
- Bank account that doesn’t charge foreign transactions fees or ATM fees. This has been so helpful for me, so if you can have an account like that, mostly recommended!
- And the camera, selfie stick, gopro–whichever is your preference– well, that’s a must!!
Hope this is helpful! And let me know if you have any other essentials in your travel bag! 😊